Notes from Meeting on 25 Sept.
Features of The Journey
· Expose People to the Gospel – intentionality
· Non-traditional approach
· Cultural awareness – relevant
· Community in proximity – attractive to others
· Encouragement / refocus / building each other up
· Public Visibility in our commitment to Jesus / God’s Word
· Starting with existing networks + connecting our networks
· Oriented towards serving others – through these networks
· Prayer focus a priority
· Fun factor important
- a local expression of “church”
- where we live out and share the life of Christ in a local context
- where we share the message and invite people into a deeper relationship with Christ
Identifying the communities and networks that we’re already in ... and live out our Christian faith in these …
“An open community of people from various backgrounds and traditions who want to help and encourage each other to know and follow Jesus; loving and serving God together in our day-to-day lives, [locally and beyond] and encouraging everyone we know to share in that life..”
A verse that gave us reassurance was Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.