- Your family members (I Timothy 5:8).
- Your neighbors (Luke 10:27).
- The person you always say Hi to at church, and think someday you should call (Acts 2:42).
- The foreigner that works at the corner store (Exodus 23:9)
- A nearby soup kitchen or food pantry (Matthew 25:35)
- A social outcast that you know (Luke 7:34)
- A nearby hospital or shut-in (Matthew 25:36)
- The breakdown lane of the highway (Luke 10:33)
- The old friend you lost touch with years ago (Proverbs 18:24)
- The person you're avoiding who holds a grudge against you (Matthew 5:23-24)
05 February, 2006
James in The Journey
We have been reading through James as a community and it has been a great experience. But the fear in reading James is that it simply remains that - a fun experience. If nothing changes in our lives then reading James must be a scary experience. James is pretty clear that faith is a physical act. And so I was happy to find this post. In it the author (Weekend Fisher) notes 10 places Christians should visit: